Last week we tried a cool printmaking method.
Inspired by Alisa Burke's project, we made plastic bag prints.
To make it easier with two boys printing, I had three bags for each color. I would roll more paint on one while the boys were printing the others, so there was always one ready to go. We did red, then silver, and then blue/yellow.
They drew, scraped, and scribbled with various things to remove paint before printing.
The third pass they painted on the bag themselves.
The Redhead is much more free with his artwork, which is actually very inspiring to me, and often turns out with awesome end products.
Monkey tried several representational prints. He was inspired by his brother to let loose, too, though.
Monkey's favorite print (mine, too).