Seriously, this project just makes me happy. :)
I won't go through the whole process like last time. This time we tried a different kit this time. Last time we used the Jacquard one, this time we used two different tulip sets (Luau and Camo colors, just to try something else). I think I found them cheap on amazon or zulily.
After the first batch of shirts was done.
The waiting is the hardest part! Skip to the next morning (and skip the rinsing part, too, since that is the actual hardest part).
I dyed a couple of fabric pieces... I have sewing plans.
Spirals continue to be a big hit around here.
(The 'muddy' whites you see above is from excess dye that washed right out.)
Now you can't unsee it, can you? :)
The husband has yet to wear his shirt from last summer. I told him to wait and do a cool/dark one, but no, he had to use primary colors. So I scrunched it up again and squirted diluted black dye all over it.
I had a white cardigan I never wore, and decided to just dye it brown splotchy. Then I gambled and added some green. Suddenly 'Oh no! It's camo!' and I quickly grabbed some teal and purple. Hence this craziness.
I think I'll wear it, though.
The redhead won best spiral this time, I think!
Definitive list of best things to hang on a clothesline: vintage sheets, cloth diapers, pretty tablecloths, vintage quilts, and tie dye!
Best part is that the bigger kit came with extra dye packs and we didn't need them! That means there'll be a next time soon!
Wait, the BEST part was that my daughter and her friend made rad shirts and liked them a lot!
Tie dye rules.
*Note: The tulip kits didn't say to soak in soda ash solution before dying. But I did that anyway, which I think is a key part of this process.