Well, I can't believe it, but I can update my quilt progress post! Here's my 'Walk in the Woods' quilt. I ended up using almost all of the 4 charm packs making half-square triangles. I arranged them, re-arranged them a couple of times, and somehow the top came together. I didn't use a pattern or anything.
I was pretty pleased having it sandwiched and basted - that is one of my least favorite parts of quilting.
The actual quilting didn't go so hot - I'm not sure if it was my walking foot or what, but I definitely had some issues. It's a small quilt, though, so it went fast. By the time I was sewing the binding on I was a little disappointed in myself for not hand-quilting it or sewing on the binding by hand. The binding job is laughable. I was a little disappointed, but carried on, finished, and threw it in the washer.
Few things in the crafty world are as satisfying as taking a quilt out of the dryer for the first time. I promptly forgave the quilt it's faults, as it was all puckery and cute.
Here it is:
I threw a nine-year old in for size - it measures about 39" x 42".
The back is mostly a thrifted pottery barn sheet. I wasn't sure if it would shrink up like the front, but it did!
Seriously, so much better after washing. The quilting mistakes aren't so noticeable and the texture is so much better.
I was wondering what I would do with this - I mean it doesnt match anything, and it's pretty small. I didn't realize that the collection included so much light blue, which I was afraid made it look too 'baby-quilt-y'. But my kids LOVE it (foxes!) and it works as a lap quilt (right now, under my laptop!).
Monkey had it all afternoon.
Except for when I stole it back for Sunday naps (morning church is the BEST).
First quilt from the list finished! And last night I worked on piecing the back of another one - finishing feels GOOD and I'm remembering that quilting is a very satisfying creative endeavor!